This is Xianhao Jin’s personal website. I was a Ph.D. student at Virgina Tech, under the supervision of Dr. Francisco Servant. I pursued my Ph.D. degree in May 2022 and became a software engineer of backend and infrastructure. My main research interest focuses on mining software repositories and software engineering empirical studies. Check out my CV here.
- [12/2022] Our paper “HybridCISave: A Combined Build and Test Selection Approach in Continuous Integration” is accepted to TOSEM 2023!
- [07/2022] I joined Bytedance as a software engineer, backend and infrastructure!
- [05/2022] I received my Ph.D. degree from Virgina Tech!
- Xianhao Jin and Francisco Servant. “HybridCISave: A Combined Build and Test Selection Approach in Continuous Integration.” ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology 32.4 (2023): 1-39.
- Xianhao Jin and Francisco Servant. “Which builds are really safe to skip? Maximizing failure observation for build selection in continuous integration.” Journal of Systems and Software 188 (2022): 111292.
- Xianhao Jin and Francisco Servant. “What helped, and what did not? An Evaluation of the Strategies to Improve Continuous Integration.” 2021 IEEE/ACM 43rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE). IEEE, 2021.
- Xianhao Jin. “Reducing cost in continuous integration with a collection of build selection approaches.” Proceedings of the 29th ACM Joint Meeting on European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering. 2021.
- Xianhao Jin and Francisco Servant. “CIBench: a dataset and collection of techniques for build and test selection and prioritization in continuous integration.” 2021 IEEE/ACM 43rd International Conference on Software Engineering: Companion Proceedings (ICSE-Companion). IEEE, 2021.
- Xianhao Jin and Francisco Servant. “A cost-efficient approach to building in continuous integration.” Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE 42nd International Conference on Software Engineering. 2020.
- Xianhao Jin and Francisco Servant. “What edits are done on the highly answered questions in stack overflow? An empirical study.” 2019 IEEE/ACM 16th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR). IEEE, 2019.
- Xianhao Jin and Francisco Servant. “The hidden cost of code completion: Understanding the impact of the recommendation-list length on its efficiency.” Proceedings of the 15th International conference on mining software repositories. 2018.
- Ph.D. Computer and Information Science @ Virginia Tech (August 2017 - May 2022)
- B.Eng. Software Engineering @ Tongji University (August 2013 - June 2017)
- Software Engineer, Backend and Infrastructure @ ByteDance (July 2022 - Present)
- Software Engineer Intern (PhD) @ Meta (May 2021 - August 2021)
- Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant @ Virginia Tech (August 2017 - May 2022)